Roundtable - National Youth Conference Lahore Chapter - March 31, 2022
National Youth Conference Lahore Chapter
A National Youth Conference took place at TMUC Lahore on the 31st of March 2022 on the topic of nationalism and “Pakistaniat”. A panel of experts were called for an interactive session with the students, where they all provided insight about the differing definitions of “Pakistaniat” and how to overcome the generational gap in the alternative understandings of nationalism.
The major takeaways were: we must honor our traditions, and respect the minorities; youth should be encouraged to vote and incentives must be provided for them to join political parties; a civic culture of political participation should be established, and national cohesion is the necessity to overcome the structural crisis.
• Dr. Fakir Syed Aijaz-ud-din, Ex. Interim Minister of Culture, Tourism and Environment, Punjab
• Mr. Faisal Mushtaq, Executve Director. Roots School System, Ex. Interim Minister of Education, Punjab
• Dr. Rasul Bakhsh Rais, Professor of Political Science in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at LUMS
• Dr. Khawaja Al-qama, Dean of Social Sciences, Minhaj University
• Dr. Iram Khalid, Head of Department of Political Science, University of Punjab
• Dr. Urusa Fahim, Assistant Professor and Academic Dean for Humanities and Social Sciences at Kinnaird College for Women